The Design Process:
Case Studies in Project Development
Nine innovative projects, followed through the design process, show how excellence in design can be achieved while still meeting the needs of the client and the community. Includes:
- The Village Center, William Rawn Associates.
A shopping center in a historic rural setting.
- Firestation Five, Torre Beeler Associates.
A civic building commissioned for an architecturally renowned suburb.
- Washington Court, James Stewart Polshek and Partners.
A modern apartment building in a landmark urban district.
- Lewis Thomas Molecular Biology Department, Payette Associates with Venturi, Rauch and Scott Brown.
A state of the art research laboratory at a private university.
- Addition to ASU College of Architecture and Environmental Design, The Hillier Group with Architecture One.
A significant addition to an existing building on a public university's urban campus.
- Aetna Home Office Renovation, Jung/Brannen Associates with the Aetna Facility Management Home Office Renovation Team.
A renovation to modernize a corporate headquarters complex.
- Cambridgeside, Arrowstreet.
A master plan for a mixed-use development in a major central business district.
- Kentlands, Andres Duany and Elizabeth Plater-Zyberk.
A master plan for a new town on the site of a suburban area's last large farm.